Monday, June 4, 2012

Pain Relief with Young Living Essential Oils



I am a mad, passionate gardener. Some--like my wife--say I'm obsessed. Some say I'm crazy. My friends and neighbors just shake their heads with either 1) disapproval or 2) envy or 3) sheer disbelief. I never know which.

But let's face it. I do go overboard.

This weekend I delivered four bulging bags of lettuce (four varieties) to my friends. Today I brought two more to work. I stuffed some chocolate mint inside, 'cause I love to bring things to work that smell great. Like my Young Living Essential Oils, of course.

I think this whole going-overboard-with-food-thing stems from when I was in my twenties and due to the circumstances of my youth, inexperience, the economy, and my stubbornness, I almost starved to death.

So now I have extra everything. I plant 90 tomato plants so I can give them away to everyone and fill my freezer. I have every color, every maturation date, every variety of all veggies that grow in the northeast, and each year I seem to add on a little more and more and more...

So, you can imagine, even with my gorgeous new Husquevarna Rototiller, I'm always out there weeding, planting, or picking, and my lower back is always sore, especially after a weekend.

I used to take Advil.

Okay, now. Stop shaking your head! This was before I knew about my oils. ;o) 

Today my savior for every day aches and pains is DEEP RELIEF. It is a fantastic and so convenient in the roll-on bottle. Wherever I am--whether in the garden, in bed, at work--I always have a bottle of this oil blend in my pocket or by my side. I keep a bottle in my desk at work, beside my bed, and in the car. Plus I put one in my jeans pocket, just to be sure.

You see? Once I find something that works for me, I get a little nervous that I won't have it when I need it, so I go a tad overboard. Ha.

Anyway, I use DEEP RELIEF every hour or so when working in the garden on the weekends. I put it on before I go out along with my sunscreen and backstrap - it's just automatic. Then after an hour of bending and pulling weeds or spreading mulch, I reapply it to my lower back. When I fasten the back strap again a warm, soothing, healing sensation spreads across my back. It takes away the pain and is such a relief.

Here are the ngredients: Peppermint, Idaho Balsam Fir, Clove, Vetiver, Wintergreen, Lemon, Helichrysum, and Copaiba. Powerful, huh?

From the Young Living website: Deep Relief Essential Oil Roll is a proprietary blend of oils specially formulated to relieve muscle soreness and tension. Peppermint, Wintergreen, Copal, and Palo Santo essential oils as well as others play an integral part of healing in this blend. Deep Relief is offered in the portable convenience of a roll on application. 



Going for the max relief:

If for some reason I badly injure myself, such as pulling a deep muscle after laying paver stones, or bashing my knee against my bureau knob, or falling on my backside on the ice (all of which I've done in the past few years, LOL), then I go for the max relief, PANAWAY. Because it's a little more expensive than DEEP RELIEF, I save it as the second stage of treatment when things get really sore. And boy, does it work!

I'm not sure why it is even more effective (for me) than DEEP RELIEF, since it has many of the same ingredients, but I just know it works, and it's worth every single penny. ;o)

From the Young Living website:

PanAway® was created by Gary Young following a severe injury to the ligaments in his leg. Containing wintergreen essential oil, which is often used for massage, PanAway is soothing to the skin while providing comforting warmth to muscles after exercise.

Ingredients: wintergreen, helichrysum, clove, and peppermint.

What do you use for muscle aches or the after-results of overdoing it? Share your testimonials below. ;o)

Remember, use your oils all day, every day!

Aaron Lazar
pureoils.blogspot.com


P.S. If you're interested in trying a starter kit or something like that, head over to my distributor site:

 http://aaronlazar.younglivingworld.com.

(You can save some serious money this way as opposed to buy them on your own)




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving the caution and symptoms of muscle pain. its really very informative post. back muscle pain in Canada is always there to help you and serve your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for such a valuable information on muscle pain. Visit us for back muscle pain in Canada.

    ReplyDelete